Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º16228/2009 - 15/07/2009
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 70,0 TP , Cód. 911927.
- Vasco Renato Marques Gestosa da Silva
1.Understand the basic concepts of IS and other concepts such as Business Intelligence and Big Data, distinguish OLTP and OLAP systems, know the evolution of IS over time and understand the structure of data in different types of systems;
2.Acquire skills with analytical information systems - install and use Business Intelligence tools (Power BI), obtain, transform and structure data from different sources, create detailed reports and dashboards with data synthesis;
3.Develop business apps with Power Apps, develop apps with Mixed Reality and Artificial Intelligence features. Creation and publication of Chatbots with Power Apps.
a) Concepts associated with SIO;
- OLTP/OLAP systems
- Analytical systems:
- BI and Big Data concepts;
- Data structure;
b) BI tools;
- Obtaining and transforming data from various sources;
- Data analysis and production of reports and dashboards with Power BI;
c) Organizational Apps with Power Apps.
- Organizational apps with Mixed Reality features (inclusion of digital elements in the physical space) and Artificial Intelligence (object detection, text recognition, sentiment analysis, form filling, etc).
- Creation and publication of Chatbots;
Assessment by frequency of the course consists of carrying out assessment exercises (30%) and carrying out a final assessment project (70%). The final classification of the UC results from the weighted average of the various evaluation moments. The student obtains approval at the UC, being exempt from the Exam, from in accordance with the provisions of Points 11 and 12 of Article 11 of the Academic Regulations of the IPT.
The assessment in exam/resource exam consists of carrying out a practical project (100%). The student obtains approval from the UC, in accordance with the provisions of Points 11 and 12, of Article 11, of the Academic Regulations of the IPT.
- Laudon, K. e Laudon, J. (2015). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm. London: Global Edition, Pearson
- Alturas, B. (2019). Introdução aos Sistemas de Informação Organizacionais. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Batista, E. (2017). Sistemas de Informação - O uso consciente da tecnologia para o gerenciamento. (Vol. 1). Brasil: Editora Saraiva
- Silva, V. (0). Sistemas de Informação nas Organizações - Apontamentos e material de apoio. Acedido em 5 de fevereiro de 2021 em e-learning.ipt.pt
Lectures and practical exercises.
Software used in class
Business Application Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate); Microsoft Azure;