4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP , Cód. 908920.
The students should understand that the functional performance of the building elements depends on the conformity of the materials employed and the technical solution adopted, and acquire technical competencies that will allow them to use appropriate solutions to practical problems.
2. Walls: masonry and concrete walls
3. Wall coverings
4. Moisture in walls
5. Cracking in masonry walls
6. Floor coverings
7. Roofs and flat roofs.
8. New materials and new construction processes.
Assessment includes a written test (55%) and a practical assignment(45%).
Assignment consists of a report on building works monitored by the student during the semester or a monography.
- J. S. B., F. e Branco, B. e CTCV, A. (1998). Manual de Aplicação de Telhas Cerâmicas. (Vol. 1). Coimbra: CTCV
- Miguel, A. e CTCV, A. (2003). Manual da Aplicação de REvestimentos Cerâmicos. (Vol. 1). Coimbra: CTCV
- CTCV, A. (2009). Manual de Alvenaria de Tijolo. (Vol. 1). Coimbra: CTCV
Lectures on fundamental aspects of the technologies and construction processes Presentation of practical cases. Case analysis and discussion with critical intervention by the students. Study visits and technical sessions.
Software used in class