Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
7 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 105,0 TP + 4,0 OT + 3,0 O , Cód. 964446.
1- Students should master the preparation of printing moulds for the various printing processes.
2- They should be able to operate offset printing equipment, detect, assess and fix problems occurring during the printing process.
1- Offset printing equipment;
2- Preparation and printing in offset equipments
3- Production of offset printed matter in 1, 2 and 4 colours
4- Mould making;
5- Quality control.
OFFSET - 60% practical work done in class with a minimum mark of 10 (ten); 35% written test with a minimum mark of 10 (ten); 5% for attendance.
MOULD MAKING - 65% assessed practical work done in class with a minimum mark of 10 (out of 20); 30% assessed final report, worksheet, test or theoretical work with a minimum mark of 10 (out of 20); 5% for attendance.
The students elligible to sit the exam will have to take a written test about Offset. In the Mould Production component there will be no exam assessment due to the practical nature of these classes.
Students who do not attend a minimum of 2/3 of the classes or do not fulfil the criteria for continuous assessment will not be elligible to sit the exam. Examination or resit cover the following:
OFFSET - 60% assessed practical work done in class with a minimum mark of 10
40% written test with a minimum mark of 10
Course mark is calculated as follows: OFFSET - 60% practical work done in class with evaluation equal or superior to 10 (ten) points; 40% written evaluation with evaluation equal or superior to 10 (ten) points:
70% OFFSET; 30% MOULD MAKING
- Pipes, A. (2001). Production for Graphic Designers. Londres: Laurence King
- Kipphan, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media: technologies and production methods. Berlin: Springer-Verlag
- Ryberg, R. e Johansson, K. e Lundberg, P. (2011). A Guide to Graphic Print Production. New Jersey: Wiley & Sons
- Evans, P. (2004). Forms, Folds & Sizes. Massachusetts: Rockport Publishing
- Casals, R. (1987). Offset: Control de calidad. Barcelona: Du Pont-Howson
- Barbosa, C. (2009). Manual prático de produção gráfica. Lisboa: Principia
- Bann, D. (2007). The All New Print Production Handbook. New York: Watson-Guptill Publications
- Baer, L. (1999). Produção Gráfica. S. Paulo: SENAC
- Formentí, J. e Reverte, S. (2008). La Imagen Gráfica y su Reproducción. Barcelona: Ediciones CPG
- Walk, H. e Rosner, H. (2000). Artes Gráficas - Transferência e impressão de informações. São Paulo: ABTG
1 - Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
2- Practice including problem-solving individually or in group
Software used in class