Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 11230/2020 - 13/11/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Pedro Manuel Granchinho de Matos
At the end of the course students should be able to identify and evaluate the potential of robotic systems, program industrial robots and determine the automation needs for a given application using robotic manipulators
1.Sensors, actuators and converters;
- Identify the types of sensors and actuators most used in robotics, as well as their operation and applications. Identify type of analog / digital (ADC) and digital / analog (DAC) signal converters, their operation and application.
2. Introduction to robotics;
-Know the history of the appearance of robots and their evolution.
3. manipulative robotics;
- Identify and classify different types of robots on the market and their principles of operation.
4.Kinematics and positioning of the manipulator robot;
-Describe the operation of trajectory generation systems used in robotic manipulators.
- Identify and evaluate the potential of using mobile robots.
6.Planning path of the robot;
- Trajectory planning using the reading of positioning sensors.
7. Programming of robotic systems;
- Automatic guided vehicle (AGV) programming methods, using positioning sensor reading and obstacle avoidance.
Continuous assessment: Practical assignments (10/20);
Work developed throughout the classes (10/20).
The final grade is obtained by the sum of the grades obtained during the continuous assessment and during the periodic assessment.
- Pires, J. (2012). Automação Industrial. (pp. 0-492). Lisboa: Lidel
- B.Niku, S. (2013). Introdução à Robótica - Análise, Controle, Aplicações. brasil: Livros Técn. e Cient. Editora
- Dudek, G. e Jenkin, M. (2000). Computaciol Principles of Mobile Robotics. United States of America: Cambridge University Press
- Warren, J. e Adams, J. e Molle, H. (2011). Arduino Robotics. New York, USA: Apress
Theoretical lectures, describing and exemplifying the application of the fundamental principles. Theoretical-practical classes demonstrating applications. In the laboratory classes projects are developed using didactic materials.
Software used in class