Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso n.º 11609/2017 - 02/10/2017
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
Does not apply.
Students should be able to:
- Introduce oneself and others;
- Receive others at work;
- Write formal and semi formal electronic messages/ letters;
- Acquire and apply the grammar needed to achieve the goals.
1. The English language in daily life communication and in the workplace context;
1.1Introducing oneself and others and receiving others at work;
1.2. Writing formal and semi formal electronic messages/ letters;
2. The world of work;
2.1. Work and motivation;
2.2. Management - art or science?
2.3. Dealing with complaints;
2.4. Office material;
3. Specific terminology;
3.1. Numbers and basic mathematicas;
3.2. Balance sheets,taxes and fraud;
3.3. Profit and ethics;
3.4. The importance of budgeting;
1. Articles and pronouns;
2. verb tenses;
5. Adjectives and adverbs.
Continuous assessment: written test 60% + research work 20% + continuous evaluation 20%
Students workers: written test 80% + research work 20%
- Brown, H. e Dooley, J. e Evans, V. (2015). Career Paths - Management I. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Peltier, S. e Taylor, J. (2011). Career Paths - Accounting. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Bolton, D. e Oscarson, M. e Peterson, L. (1993). Basic Working Grammar. Lisboa: Thomas Nelson and Sons, Ltd e Lisboa Editora, Lda
Reading, listening, speaking and writing and grammar exercises during theoretical and theoretical-practical classes.
Software used in class
Does not apply.