Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
44 ECTS; 2º Ano, Anual, 30,0 TP + 45,0 OT
Advanced knowledge on chemical technology subjects and identification and development of the specific scientific areas related with the project theme
Apply and develop the knowledge and skills acquired during the undergraduate and master's degrees in carrying out research work in the scientific areas of chemical technology and related areas, and adequately communicating the work carried out.
2. Literature review techniques and project structure;
3. Market analysis and production planning;
4. Relevant topics in Chemical technology.
Tutorial monitoring of student projects.
Case-to-case discussion of issues related with the projects in course.
It is defined on a case-by-case basis with the supervisor, after consideration by the Master's Coordination Committee and approval by the Technical-Scientific Council.
The students will develop a research project subct to public presentation. An intermediate presentation may be required in compliance with the regulatory provisions of the master's program.
- Smith, R. (2005). Chemical Process Design and Integration. New York: John Wiley & Sons
- Pourhashemi, A. e Haghi, A. e Deka, S. (2019). Research Methods and Applications in Chemical and Biological Engineering. Boca Raton: Apple Academic Press, CRC
- Pocinho, M. (2012). Metodologia de Investigação e Comunicação do Conhecimento Científico. Lisboa: Lidel - Edições Técnicas
- West, R. e Timmerhaus, K. e Peters, M. (2003). Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers. New York: McGraw-Hill
Lectures where theoretical contents are explored and project themes are analysed.
Software used in class
Work theme specific.