Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
44 ECTS; 2º Ano, Anual, 30,0 TP + 45,0 OT
- Isabel Maria Duarte Pinheiro Nogueira
- Valentim Maria Brunheta Nunes
- Dina Maria Ribeiro Mateus
- Henrique Joaquim de Oliveira Pinho
Advanced knowledge on chemical technology subjects and identification and development of the specific scientific areas related with the project theme
The unit has two main objectives: to assist students in developing the skills necessary for chemical industries design and enable the practical application and integration of knowledge in the field of chemical technology.
Practical component: 1. Introduction; 2. Literature review techniques and project structure 3. Market analysis and production planning 4. Chemical technology project - from block chart to the layout. Tutorial monitoring of student projects. Case-to-case discussion of issues related with the projects in course
The students will develop a project subct to public presentation. An intermediate presentation or practical assignments may be required in compliance with the regulatory provisions of the master's program.
- Timmerhaus, K. e West, R. e Peters, M. (2003). Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Sinnot, R. (1989). Tecnologia Química: Uma Introdução ao Projecto em Tecnologia Química. (Vol. VI). Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Bailie, R. e Turton, R. e Shaeiwitz, W. (2009). Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes. New York: Prentice-Hall
- Smith, R. (2005). Chemical Process Design and Integration. New York: John Wiley & Sons
Lectures where theoretical contents are explored and project themes are analysed.
Software used in class
Work theme specific.