Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 2126/2019 - 01/03/2019
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,60 T + 30,0 TP
Students should be able to: identify opportunities for developing new products and new processes; interpret, use and propose patents; participate in the licensing procedures to implement new processes or new industries; propose methods fostering innovation.
1. Introduction to the development of new products and new processes; 2. Product development steps; 3. Conception and development of new manufacturing process; 4. Information technology and research networks; 5. Industrial and intellectual property; 6. Implementation of industrial units; 7. Innovation trends.
Practical group work(40%); Theoretical component includes a written test (60%) Minimum pass mark: 10 out of 20
- Biegler, L. e Grossmann, I. e Westerberg, A. (1997). Systematic Methods of Chemical Process Design. .: Prentice-Hall
- Peters, M. e Timmerhaus, K. e West, R. (2003). Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers. .: McGraw-Hill
- Pires, A. (1999). Inovação e Desenvolvimento de Novos Produtos. .: Edições Sílabo
- ., .. (2005). Guia do Empreendedorismo. .: Edições SEDES
Lectures and discussion of sample cases. Practical lessons dedicated to brainstorming and development of new ideas, literature review on patents and innovative projects.
Software used in class