Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9786/2014 de 29/07/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP
On completion of the course students should be able to understand the origin and identify the cultural customs arising from the encounter between the Portuguese and peoples in the five continents as well as carry out cultural projects taking profit from these contacts.
1. National identity and ethnic and religious composition of the Portuguese people 2. Portuguese diaspora 3. Portuguese culture; 4. Portuguese culture across the world 5. Signs of the Portuguese presence in the world 6. Migrations 7. Tourism and contemporary society 8. Case studies
Individual assignment with the lecturer's supervision. Format: Word or Powerpoint.
- Medina, J. (2006). Portuguesismo(s). (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Centro de Historia da Universidade de Lisboa
- Dacosta, F. (2013). Os Retornados Mudaram Portugal. (Vol. ____). (pp. ___-____). Lisboa: Parsifal
- Costa, C. e Panyik, E. e Buhalis, D. (2013). Trends in European tourism planning and organisation. (Vol. ----). (pp. -------). Bristol: Channel View Publications
- Entre Prospero e Caliban: colonialismo, pos-colonialismo e inter-identidade.(2003, 0 de ---). Novos Estudos , pp. 23-52.
Lectures and tutorials.
Software used in class