Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9786/2014 de 29/07/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 21,0 T + 24,0 TP
At the end of the course students should be able to develop the marketing plan of a cultural tourism product either through the analysis of case studies or through the development of new products.
Contents of the course unit:
1. Introduction to tourism marketing;
2. Consumer behavior and market segmentation in tourism;
3. Strategic marketing of tourist destinations: conceptual and methodological aspects;
4.Characterization of Marketing Plan;
Assessment includes individual literature review reports to be held in all sessions and individual project work in which students are expected to prepare a marketing plan (70%+30%).
Examination in case of failure to deliver the project work
- Torres, H. (2011). PME - Plano de Marketing Empresarial . Porto: Afrontamento
- Kotler, P. e Baloglu, S. e Bowen, J. e Makens, J. (2016). Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. London: Pearson
- Netto, A. e Ansarah , M. (2015). Produtos turisticos e novos segmentos de mercado: planejamento, criacão e comercializacao. Barueri, Sao Paulo: Editorial Manole
Theoretical-practical classes in which priority is given to text reading and discussion, case study and documentary analysis.
Analysis of individual papers to be presented and discussed in class.
Software used in class