Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9982/2016 - 05/08/2016
15 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 195,0 PL + 10,0 OT
- Fernando Manuel Conceição Costa
- Luís Filipe Raposo Pereira
- Fernando dos Santos Antunes
- Carla Maria P. Calado Rodrigues do Rego
On completion of this unit students should have developed a good degree of autonomy in conservation and restoration and be able to diagnose, examine, identify and record movable and immovable assets. Make proposals for intervention and prepare conservation and restoration reports.
1. Speciality definition: Graphic Documents, Petrous Materials, Ceramic materials, Sculpture,Easel painting and Furniture.
2. Laboratory operation
3. Definition and development of a methodology for action
4. Conservation and restoration actions in movable and immovable cultural assets.
5. Preparation of a report.
6. Seminars on C & R and reflection work execution.
Assessment comprises two elements:
1. written assignment about a C&R intervention on an heritage item presented and assessed by an academic panel (20%).
2. Laboratory work and final report (80%) to be submitted in any period of assessment.
Minimum pass mark in each element of assessment is 10 out of 20.
- AAVV, . (2001). As rochas dos monumentos portugueses. Tipologias e patologias. (Vol. 1/2). Lisboa: IPPAR
- RIVERS, S. e UMNEY, N. (2007). Conservation of Furniture. London: Routledge
- Stoner, J. e Rushfield, R. (2012). Conservation of Easel Paintings. London: Routledge
- AAVV, . (2014). Historical Perspectives in the Conservation of Works of Art on Paper. Los Angels: Ed. Margaret Holben Ellis, The Getty Conservation Institute
Lectures and seminars with invited experts and field trips. Laboratory lessons focused on the development of conservation and restoration projects.
Software used in class