Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
7.5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
- Regina Aparecida Delfino
1. Ability to design and present a project;
2. Know how to select the most appropriate support for one project;
3. Know how to coordinate a project in the different stages of development;
4. Know how to adapt the project to existing technical, environmental and economic constraints.
1. Development of two projects: briefing, budget, concept, maquete, artwork, prepress, printing and post-printing;
2. Selection of appropriate print formats, media, finishes, typography, colors, images and printing stains;
3. Integrate sustainability criteria in the development of projects;
4. Professional deontology and contact with customers;
5. Quality Control.
During the semester there will be two evaluation moments, which correspond to two projects (weighting 50%/50%), proposed by different teachers each.
Only students who have attended at least 2/3 of the classes will be admitted to examination or appeal, and the evaluation at the times referred to will fall on the same two projects mentioned above (weighting 50%/50%).
- Myers, D. (2013). The Graphic Designer's Guide to Portfolio Design. New Jersey: Wiley
- Hugues, P. (2010). Exhibition Design. Londres: Laurence King Publishing
- Welsh, C. (2013). Design: Portfolio: Self promotion at its best. Londres: Rockport Publishers
- Shaughnessy, A. (2005). How to Be a Graphic Designer: Without Losing Your Soul. Londres: Laurence King Publishing
1. Classes of monitoring and discussion of the proposals developed by the students for the projects mentioned above;
2. Guidance for the submission of projects;
3. Constructive criticism during the presentations of the work.
Software used in class
Any graphics software.