Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 75,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Paula Alexandra Costa Leite Pinto Pereira
- Miguel Alexandre Pereira Sanches
1- Provide in-depth knowledge of printing techniques with special emphasis to the traditional systems such as offset and pad printing.
2- Recognise, classify and master the methods of preparation of various special printing techniques.
1- Classification of the main techniques for special printing;
1.1- Digital workflow;
1.2- Special prints forms and their characterization;
2- Identification and production of prints using special prints;
2.1- Special prints produced with inline offset equipment;
2.2- Study of equipment, media and consumables.
3- Studies of equipment and printing plates for pad printing;
3.1- Study and identification of pad printing machines with closed and open cartridge;
3.2- Identification of pressure contol devices, board door parts and clichés door, scraper blades and ink cartridges;
3.3- Producing forms of pad printing and application of frames;
4- Preparation of consumables for pad printing.
4.1- Differentiation of pad printing clichés;
4.2- Characteristics of buffers and their manufacture (Silicon hardness and shape);
4.3- Identification of different types of inks and conducting resistance and compatibility testing.
OFFSET - 60% written test >=10; 30% theoretical assignment; 10% for attendance.
PAD PRINTING - 60% theoretical assignment; 30% assessed practical work done in class >=10; 10% for attendance.
- AMBROSE, G. e HARRIS, P. (2006). Basic Design: Print & Finish. Londres: AVA Publishing
- MORLOK, F. e BECKMANN, T. (2009). Extra: Encyclopaedia of Experimental Print Finishing. Basel: Birkhauser Verlag AG: Basel: Birkhauser Verlag AG
- WITHAM, S. (2007). Print and Production Finishes for Promotional Items. Londres: Rotovision
- Underconsideration, U. (0). FPO - For Print Only. Acedido em 19 de fevereiro de 2018 em www.underconsideration.com/fpo
1- Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
2- Hands-on practical exercises individually or as part of a team.
Software used in class