Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 2,0 O
- António Martiniano Ventura
Understand the photographic process, its evolution and application as a method of recording, producing, reproducing and disseminating images.
Provide the development of conceptual and operational skills to carry out "photo-graphic" products.
1 - Photography as a process, and its areas of interest: the Object, the Camera and the Registry;
2 - Light and Object: basic lighting techniques in photography;
3 - The formation of the image: framing, exposure control, focus and sharpness;
4 - The formation of the image: point of view and focal distance;
5 - The photographic image: technical or artisanal image?
6 - The photographic record as technique of manufacture, reproduction and dissemination of images;
7 - Photography as a communication process;
8 - Photography and narrative;
Since the characteristics of this discipline require active student participation, it will be appropriate for the assessment of learning to be done on a continuous basis.
Thus, for each of the proposed Experimental Projects, developed in class, an individual technical report will be requested. The final grade will result from the arithmetic average obtained in the set of these reports. Examination tests must include written test (60%) and presentation of individual reports related to the monitoring of Experimental Projects developed in practical class (40%).
- Hurburt, A. (1985). Diseño fotográfico: interacción del diseño con la fotografía. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-127). Barcelona1: Gustavo Gili
- Ventura, A. (0). Para uma didática da imagem - Leitura e análise da imagem. Acedido em 10 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/TI%20II/Leitura_Imagem.pdf
- Silveira Ramos, M. e Soudo, J. (0). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas. Acedido em 9 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/DTAG/1_Manual_Tec_Foto.pdf
- Melo, C. (0). Manual de Fotografia Digital. Acedido em 9 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/manuais%20de%20fotografia/5_Manual_Foto_Digital.pdf
A set of experimental projects that, properly sequenced and related, will allow learning by doing, producing reflection on three basic questions: what photography is, what it is for and how it is done.
Software used in class
Image editing software