Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
7 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 105,0 TP + 4,0 OT + 3,0 O
- Rui Miguel Sardinha Proença
- Miguel Alexandre Pereira Sanches
1- Identify printing processes;
2- Acquire skills in analogue and digital imposition;
3- Mastering the production steps of the graphic object;
4- Understand the operation of specific software;
5- Distinguish the different file formats;
6- Know the colour management systems.
1 - Characterization and identification of the Printing Processes;
2- Study of the printing forms;
3- Classification of originals, their analysis and control;
4- Processing technologies and densitometry applications;
5- Measurement/calibration instruments and control scales;
6- Text and image processing and integration
7- Manual assembly and digital imposition;
8- Workflows, CtF, CtP, CtS, CtC.
PAGINATION - 50% assessed practical work >=10; 45% written test >=10; 5% for attendance.
IMPOSITION - 50% practical work
IMPOSITION - 50% theoretical-practical work with evaluation >=10; 45% written test >=10; 5% for attendance.
COLOUR SEPARATION - 75% written test >=10; 20% for attendance; 5% original line-drawing creation.
The students eligible to sit the exam will have to complete a summative test.
The exam-based assessment covers is as follows:
PAGINATION - 50% assessed practical work >=10; 50% assessed written test >=10.
IMPOSITION - 50% assessed practical work >=10; 50% assessed written test >=10.
COLOUR SEPARATION - 100% assessed written test >=10.
Final mark is calculated as follows:
40% PAGINATION; 30% IMPOSITION; 30% COLOUR SEPARATION.
- BAER, L. (2004). Produção Gráfica. S. Paulo: SENAC
- JOHANSSON, K. e LUNDBERG, P. e RYBERG, R. (2004). Manual de Producción Grafica: Recetas. Barcelona: GG
- ANTON, K. e DEJARLD, T. (2020). Adobe InDesign Classroom in a Book (2021 release). San Francisco: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
- KIPPHAN, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media? Technologies and Production Methods. Berlin: Springer-Verlag
- AMBROSE, G. e HARRIS, P. (2008). The Production Manual, A Graphic Design Handbook. Lausanne: AVA Publishing
- FORMENTI, J. e REVERTE, S. (2008). La Imagen Gráfica y su Reproducción. Barcelona: Ediciones CPG
- SEDDON, T. (2007). Images: A Creative Digital Workflow for Graphic Design. London: RotoVision
- BARBOSA, C. (2012). Manual Prático de Produção Gráfica. Lisboa: Principia
Lessons supported by audiovisual media and analogue and digital technologies;
Software used in class