Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 PL + 4,0 O
- Cecília de Melo Correia Baptista
- Luís Miguel Alves de Oliveira
Students should be able to understand the performance of the several supports in all printing process (Prepress, Press and Postpress)in order to ensure the quality in graphics work.
Working with production flowcharts and apply quality control in production.
Module I: Fundamental principles of the paper manufacturing process and others as printing supports (plastics and textiles).
Module II: Characterization and quality control of paper and others printig materials. Statiscs tables. Properties of materials and its implications on printed product. Printing inks. Relationship ink-print support.
Module III:Quality control in all the process: Prepress, Printing and Post-Press
Module I & II: Written test (Exam): minimum mark of 10.
Module III: Continuous assessment of individual/group exercises including project briefing.
To have access to the Exam, students must be present in, at least, 2/3 (two thirds) of the classes taught in modules II and III, as well as, evaluation on module III with a grade equal to or higher than 10 (ten) values.
Final classification: 50% module I & II + 50% module III.
- Biermann, C. (1996). Handbook of pulping and papermaking. San Diego: Academic Press
- Kiphan, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media. Berlim: Springer
- Asunción, J. (2002). O Papel - Técnicas e Métodos Tradicionais de Fabrico. Barcelona: Editorial Estampa
- Barbosa, C. (2009). Manual Prático de Produção Gráfica. Lisboa: Principia
- Sindall, R. (2021). Apprenez a fabriquer du papier. Paris: Exibook
- Ek, M. e Gellerstedt, G. e Henriksson, G. (2009). Paper Products Physics and Technology. Berlim: Walter de Gruyter
- Smook, G. (2016). Handbook for pulp and paper technologists. Atlanta: Tappi Press
Conventional lectures supported by audiovisual resources (CD, DVD, etc.)
Practical, laboratory classes: group and individual assignments.
Software used in class
Techkon Spectro Conect