Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso de Registo nº 299/2017 de 27/06/2017
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 PL + 3,0 OT , Cód. 63766.
- Júlio César Moita Jorge Ruivo da Silva
It is intended that students at the end of UC master the technical terminology of the audiovisual medium in the field of image capture with different types of digital cameras, resolutions and proportions and codecs.
The roles of an imaging team in each of the production, studio and outdoor environments and depending on the type of production, reporting, fiction and live broadcasting.
The types of equipment / cameras and their handling, with proper safety rules.
With application of the theoretical knowledge acquired in the field of audiovisual language. Application of different scales of plans for different types of content. Image framing and camera shake.
Different genres and narrative styles using the image, depending on the type of content being produced.
1. Types of digital cameras (video / DSLR).
The. Video (broadcast)
v. White balance (color temperature)
ix. Connections (SDI / HDMI / XLR)
ii. Format (large and medium format)
viii. Focal length and depth of field
2. Resolutions, video formats, aspect ratios and codecs.
The. Analog Video / Digital Video
B. PAL / NTSC
W. SD / HD
d. Interlaced / Progressive
and. Aspect ratios (4: 3/16: 9), cinematic proportions.
f. Video codecs, native and with compression.
3. Flat types and sizes.
4. Rules of filming.
The. 180th Rule
B. 30th Rule
5. Camera movements.
The. Optical (Zoom)
i. Tripod / Crane / Gimbal / Monopod / Dolly / Steadcam
iv. Pan / tilt
6. Image Composition (Frames)
The. Composition Rules
B. Rule of thirds
W. Different types of frames, cinema, video, television
7. Image and Sound in different types of cameras
The. Audio Connection Type
B. Track type and forms of control and recording
8. Types of Production (Reporting, Direct, Studio, Documentary, Great Report, Fiction)
The. Different camera working techniques
ii. Studio (Recorded or Live)
9. Rules and Legislation - Image Rights and Legal Restrictions
The. Legality of the images obtained
B. Authorization rules and procedures
10. Ethics and methodology of work, safety and team
The. Ethical care in obtaining the image
B. Safety techniques at work and with equipment
W. Equipment Maintenance
d. Teamwork, common sense and respect for team work.
- Antero, J. e , . (2009). Operações de Câmara. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-200). Lisboa: edições lusofonas
- Breslin, J. (2007). Produção de imagem e Som. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-200). Brasil: Brasil Campus
- Silva, J. (2019). Operação de Câmara. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-200). Abrantes: apontamentos do docente
Continuity: Assiduity: 25% | with Camera Video: 25% | with DSLR: 25% | Projects live: 25%
exam and resource: Written test with the theoretical component of UC: 50% | I practice with Camera Video: 25% | practical with DSLR Camera: 25%
Software used in class