Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP , Cód. 964117.
- Hermínia Maria Pimenta Ferreira Sol
Intermediate or advanced level of English.
On completion of the course students are expected to produce written and oral texts with a high degree of complexity, such as reports, brochures, and formal letters.
Likewise, their oral skills should be either upper-intermediate or proficient.
- Early Beginnings of tourism;
- Careers in Tourism;
- The importance of good manners in the workplace;
- Tourism agents (Travel Agents and Tour Operators);
- MICE Tourism;
- Tourism marketing;
- Sustainable Tourism;
Continuous assessment including compulsory class attendance and active participation (10%), short out-of-class projects (20%) and written exam (70%); (in order to pass a minimum grade of 9,5/20 must be achieved in all itens mentioned);
Midterm assessment: Written test (100%); or
final exam (100%).
- MEDLIK, S. (2002). Dictionary of Travel, Tourism and Hospitality. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-145). Londres: Butterworth Heinemann
- Dubicka, I. e O\'KEEFE, M. e Strutt, P. (2013). English for International Tourism Upper Intermediate. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-85). Londres: Pearson Longman
- Harding, K. (2009). Oxford English for Careers. Student's Book. Upper-Intermediate - Tourism. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Oxford: OUP
Lectures and tutorials, simulation and role-playing.
Software used in class