Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso nº 3921/2015 - 14/04/2015
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP , Cód. 605530.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Students should be able to:
Apply a set of oral and written skills in diverse communicative situations.
Interpret and produce different kinds of text with the correct structure and according to the English language grammar.
1. The English language in use
1.1. Daily life communication
2. The English language in the work place
2.1. Documents related to the world of work
3. The English language and the world today
3.1. The importance of information and communication technology
4. Society and media
4.1. Informative text comprehension
1. articles and pronouns
4. adjectives and adverbs
Work done in class (50%), Written test (50%)
Final evaluation: Written exam (100%)
- Redman, S. (1997). English Vocabulary in Use- pre intermediate and intermediate. United Kingdom: cambridge University Press
- Swan, M. e Walter, C. (1997). How English Works - Grammar Practice Book. United Kingdom: Oxford University Press: Oxford University Press
- Thomas, B. (1986). Intermediate Vocabulary. England: Longman Group Limited
Theoretical and practical classes in which students should develop listening, reading and writing skills through simulations and comprehension exercises.
Software used in class