8 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP , Cód. 30189.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Understand the biological and physical components of natural and humanized ecosystems, providing tools for the simulation of behavior of different ecological systems. Acquire the ability to analyze qualitative results of a simulation model.
1. Natural Resources Management
Concepts of natural resources management and biodiversity conservation.
Environmental Modeling of soil and climatic factors.
Methodologies for decision support in multi-functional management of natural areas and agro-forestry spaces.
2. Modeling of risks and impacts
Modeling of natural hazards and methodologies for evaluating environmental impacts.
Report of pratical exercice.
- Brimicombe, A. (2010). GIS, environmental modeling and engineering.CRC Press.. x: CRC Press.
- Honachefsky, W. (2000). Ecologically Based Municipal Land Use Planning. Londres/Nova Iorque.: Lewis Publishers
- Marsh, W. (1997). Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications. Londres/Nova Iorque.: John Wiley & Sons
Theoretical classes: Lectures. Practical classes: the students will solve practical exercises. There will be team exercises involving the analysis of geographic and alphanumeric data.
Software used in class
HEC-RAS. ArcGis. QGIS.InVest