Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP , Cód. 92999.
- Luis Miguel Lindinho da Cunha Mendes Grilo (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Provide students with knowledge about bi and multivariate data analysis, specifically in terms of inferential models and experimental planning.
1. Advanced Research Methods
1.1. Development of research topics and bases of the research process
1.2. Methodological advantages and difficulties associated with the choice of specific types of study and methodological approach
1.3. Preparation of a research project
1.4. Publishing process: preparation, submission and revision of papers and scientific research studies
1.5. Public presentation of a scientific research project
2. Advanced Methods of Data Analysis
2.1. Parametric and non-parametric inferential analyses
2.2. Simple linear regression and multiple regression models
2.3. Structural Equation model
2.4. Models of Moderation and Mediation
2.5. Reporting results and SPSS applications
Continuous assessment: two midterm tests (graded 0-20) throughout the semester (50%+50%). An average mark of 10/20 is required to pass both the continuous assessment and exam-based assessment. A mark of 10/20 in the continuous assessment exempts stud
- Barañano, A. (2008). Métodos e Técnicas de Investigação em Gestão: Manual de Apoio à Realização de Trabalhos de Investigação. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Bryman, A. e Bell, E. (2011). Business research methods. New York: Oxford University Press
- Bryman, A. e Buchanan, D. (2011). The SAGE: handbook or organizational research methods. London, England: SAGE
- Marôco, J. (2011). Análise de Equações Estruturais: Fundamentos teóricos, Software e Aplicações. Lisboa: ReportNumber
Expository lessons promoting brainstorming and debate supported by literature review to illustrate key models, methods and techniques.
Software used in class
The IBM SPSS package and, on time, the Excel spreadsheet.