Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP , Cód. 92996.
- Margarida Sofia de Freitas Oliveira (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Systematize key conceptual models about careers and reward systems; Identify key strategies and techniques for effective implementation of careers and rewards systems.
1. Careers Management
1.1. Fundamentals of career management
1.2. Career Planning Objectives
1.3. Construction of career plans
1.4. Components-Type of a Career Plan
1.5. Profile of different careers
1.6. Identification of high potential employees
2. Rewards systems
2.1. Fundamentals of reward systems
2.2. Objectives of the rewards system
2.3. Reward system components
2.4. Intrinsic rewards
2.5. Extrinsic Rewards
2.6. Principles of the remuneration system
2.7. Remuneration system architecture options
2.8. Construction of a wage structure
2.9. Determination and evolution of individual salary
2.10. Incentive systems
2.11. Social and specific benefits
2.12. Testing the Effectiveness of the Rewards System
Group work on a real case to characterize and/or identify opportunities to improve an organisation's career and reward system(100%).
Students with a grade of 10/20 or higher are exempted from the examination.
- Armstrong, M. (2015). Armstrong's Handbook of Reward Management Practice - Improving Performance through Reward. London, England: Kogan Page
- Armstrong, M. (2015). Armstrong's Performance Management Toolkit. London, England: Kogan Page
- Clark, T. (2012). Modelo de Negócio Eu ? Um método simples para reinventar a sua carreira. Lisboa, Portugal: D. Quixote
- Fisher, J. (2015). Strategic Reward and Recognition - Improving Employee Performance through Non-monetary Incentives. London: Kogan Page
Theoretical-practical methods enable the acquisition of management skills such as to be able to manage careers, reward, control and set the budget for reward plans.
Software used in class