Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL + 2,0 OT , Cód. 938078.
- Fernando Sanchez Salvador (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Develop 2D and 3D representation skills. Be able to execute graphic structures capable of responding to the nature of objects or situations to be represented.
Previous knowledge of representation tools.
0- Introduction. Representation in C&R: concepts, methods and material resources.
1. Graphical representation types 2. Object drawing. Drafts. Light-dark, colour, dot and line.
3. Exploded perspectives
4.Ornate drawing: furniture, ornamental motifs, architecture and indoor spaces
5. Re-creation and prospective drawing. C&R applications
5.1 Scientific drawing. Examples and applications
5.2.Other types of representation
6. Build a drawing portfolio. Artefact models and mock-ups 7. Graphic supports organisation and presentation: examples 8. Scale and proportion in C&R representation. Constructive objects and elements. Geometries. Exercises
9.Architectural drawing, Constructive and decorative. Design of urban spaces and city areas.
10.Surveying techniques in C&R: Recording and presentation regulations; conventional technical representations: examples
11.Analysis and representation of objects and artefacts: Digital and photographic recording methods; characteristics and application in C&R.
12. Free exercise (ex no.4)-final) Tr2.
Attendance is mandatory.
Continuous assessment (AV.
Students are assessed during lectures (T) and practical lessons (PL) qualitatively and quantitatively.
Class attendance, minimum attendance of 2/3 of scheduled classes, according to IPT Regulations - art 11.
Tr 1- Coursework undertaken during classes including all exercises proposed by the lecturer. The Tr1 grade is the average of all coursework undertaken (minimum mark of 9.5).
Tr 2- free topic exercise, with own question paper stating objectives and methodology.
TR1 + Tr2 compose the course/module portfolio.
Exam (Ex) will not be allowed to students who did not achieve the minimum average of 9.5.
Exam (Ex) will no be allowed to students if the work carried out (Tr) is delivered the defined deadlines
Continuous assessment grade (AV) is the weighted average of Tr1 (60%) + Tr2 (40%) calculated as follows: AV = 0,6 Tr1 + 0,4 Tr2. A grade higher than 9.5 exempts students from exam.
Students qualified to take the exam will receive a final grade (CF) calculated as follows:
CF=0,5 AV + 05 Ex
Coursework must be undertaken and submitted in the relevant academic year.
- CARNEIRO, A. (1995). CAMPO SUJEITO E REPRESENTAÇÃO NO ENSINO E NA PRATICA DO DESENHO/ PROJECTO. Porto: FAUP Publicações, Série 2-Argumentos- seis lições
- DAMISCH, H. (1994). LORIGINE DE LA PERSPECTIVE. Paris: Ed. Champs- Flammarion.
- GHYKA, M. (1983). ESTÉTICA DE LAS PROPORCIONES EN LA NATURALEZA Y EN LAS ARTES. Barcelona: Editorial Poseidon
- RUSKIN, J. (1856). THE ELEMENTS OF DRAWING. New York: Dover Publications, INC,1971
Expository lectures, theoretical/practical lessons and tutorial support. Study visit to places of interest for teaching UC.
Software used in class