Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT , Cód. 938075.
- Maria Madalena Giraldes Barba Pessoa Jorge Oudinot Larcher (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
The purpose of this curricular unit is to presente the wide horizons of Wertern culture history, favouring the period between Renaissance and Enlightenment, as the period of greatest interest to conservators, since it includes most of the worksof art targeted for intervention in Portugal.
I. Ancient and medieval references: the foundations of European identity (classical and Judaeo-Christian roots; their combination with barbarian cultures; culture patente in art, in the 7th and 8th centuries; the return to classical standards in the 9th and 12th centuries)
II. Renaissance and Renaissances: multiple horizons of humanis and naturalismo
III. Protestant and Catholic Reformations: projection on the values and culture
IV. The affirmation of the States in a new European balance; European culture and national cultures
V. The Old Regime Society
VI. The Age of Enlightenment
The evaluation will consist of a written test regardin the ability to develop the main themes of the syllabus, as well as the accuracy of their readings, the clarity of ideas and the depth of analysis.
- CHAUNU, P. (1995). A CivilizaÃ§Ã£o das Luzes. (Vol. 2 vs). Lisboa: PresenÃ§a
- CHAUNU, P. (2002). O Tempo das Reformas, 1250-1550. (Vol. 2 vs.). Lisboa: EdiÃ§Ãµes 70
- DELUMEAU, J. (2011). A CivilizaÃ§Ã£o do Renascimento. (Vol. 2 vs.). Lisboa: EdiÃ§Ãµes 70
- TOUCHARD, J. (1997). HistÃ³ria das Ideias PolÃticas. (Vol. 3 vs.). Sintra: Europa-AmÃ©rica
The methodologies will combine expository lectures with projection of information that encourages participation and debate (critical reading of texts from those epochs, images of artistic heritage, diagrams and maps)
Software used in class