Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
4.5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT , Cód. 938021.
- António João de Carvalho da Cruz (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
a) Know the main pigments and dyes and the main organic materials with structural function
b) Know the history of their use
c) Know the main technological processes related to their manufacture and their use
d) Know their chemical (composition) and physical properties
1. Historical sources for the knowledge of materials
4. Writing and drawing inks
5. Natural fibres
6. Synthetic and semi-synthetic fibres
7. Textile dyeing
10. Leather and parchment
Average of TP component (40%) with T component (60%, monograph subject to oral discussion in the classes or final examination). Each component must have a minimum of 10 points. It is excluded from final examination who does not have 10 points in TP.
- Brill, T. (1980). Light. Its Interaction with Art and Antiquities. New York: Plenum Press
- Cruz, A. (2004). As Cores dos Artistas - História e ciência dos pigmentos utilizados em pintura. Lisboa: Apenas Livros
- Kühn, H. (1986). Conservation and Restoration of Works of Art and Antiquities. Volume 1. London: Butterworths
- Nicolaus, K. (1999). Manual de Restauración de Cuadros. Köln: Könemann
- Tímár-Balázsy, A. (2002). Chemical Principles of Textile Conservation. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann
Lectures on various materials and mandatory theoretical-practical classes where some materials are synthesized or caracterized.
Software used in class