Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10361/2016 - 17/08/2016
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 TP
- Célio Gonçalo Cardoso Marques
- Daniel Ferreira de Oliveira
The main purpose of this unit is to provide contact with a variety of theoretical and methodological assumptions that underpin the development of investigative processes leading to the development of a research project.
a) The nature of scientific research;
b) Paradigms in research: positivist, interpretive and sociocrítico;
c) Research methodologies;
d) Methods/research plans;
e) The formulation of a problem, the research question and the respective hypothesis;
f) Review of the literature;
g) Information sources for research in family business management;
h) Data collection techniques: selection and triangulation;
i) Data collection tools: development and validation;
j) Collection, treatment and analysis of data;
k) Ethical Aspects to be considered in a scientific study;
l) Organization and formal writing of a scientific document.
The knowledge acquired will be evaluated through an individual research work.
- Barañano, A. (2004). Métodos e técnicas de investigação em Gestão. Manual de apoio à realização de trabalhos de investigação. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Bryman, A. e Bell, E. (2007). Business research methods. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Yin, R. (2008). Case Study Research. Design and Methods. London: Sage
- Gill, J. e Johnson, P. (2002). Research methods for managers. London: Sage
The used teaching and learning methodologies involve theoretical presentations, practical problem solving, demonstrations, discussions and tutorials.
Software used in class
- Microsoft Word;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Web 2.0 tools;