Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14312/2015 - 02/12/2015
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- Carlos Alexandre Campos Pais Coelho
While not compulsory, a pass in Materials Science and Engineering will be useful.
- be able to characterise the different types of materials
- be familiar with the different thermal treatments of metal alloys and its purposes
- know the appropriate procedures for each material
- be familiar with metal characterisation techniques
- Industrial production of iron alloys
- Iron-carbon alloy systems
- Alloy and non-alloy steel
- Thermal treatment of steels
- Classification of steels
- Cast irons
- Non-ferrous metallic materials
- Non-metallic materials
- Introduction to meta
Written tests and individual and group coursework, the latter being compulsory in every assessment season.
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes. Technical visits.
Software used in class