Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso n.º 12718/2016 - 19/10/2016
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- Maria de Fátima Matos Navalho Silva Peixoto
- Dina Teresa Ferreira Lopes
The students should know how to: apply competences in communicative situations in the specific area of the Web and Mobile devices; use the interpretation capacity and written production, using the English language in a fluent way; recognise and use the specific vocabulary.
1.1 Different types of computer systems
2.1 Multimedia systems
2.2 Multimedia Applications
3.1 What is the internet?
3.2 What can you do on the internet?
4. The world of work
4.1. Specific documents
4.1.1. Cover letters
4.1.2. Curriculum Vitae
4.2. Preparing job interviews
5. Advanced and intermediate grammar
5.1 Personal and demonstratives pronouns
5.2 Possessive pronouns and adjectives
5.3 Definite and indefinite articles
5.4 Present simple vs Present continuous
5.5 Past simple vs Past continuous
5.6 Present perfect vs past simple
5.7 Future simple
5.8 1st, 2nd and 3rd conditionals
5.9 Adjective degrees
Continuous Evaluation: Test 60% + Continuous Evaluation 20% + Research Work (oral/written) 20%
Periodic Evaluation: Test 80% + Research work (oral/written) 20%
Final Evaluation: Written Exam 80% + Oral exam 20%
- Fabré, E. e Esteras, S. (2007). Professional English in Use ICT. (Vol. 1). (pp. 12-59). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Glendinning, E. e McEwan, J. (2007). Oxford English for Information Technology. (Vol. 1). (pp. 7-49). Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Glendinning, E. (2007). Oxford English for Careers - Technology 1. (Vol. 1). (pp. 51-65). Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Glendinning, E. (2008). Oxford English for Careers - Technology 2. (Vol. 2). (pp. 52-65). Oxford: Oxford University Press
Theoretical and pratical lessons that develop the competences and understanding in oral and written through analyses of multimedia documents and others.
Software used in class
Computer and projector/datashow.