Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso n.º 11774/2016 - 27/09/2016
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 67,50 TP
- Carlos Alberto Farinha Ferreira
- Charly Rosa da Silva
Provide the capabilities for chosing and operating of systems with actuators.
1. Electrical machines: operating principles of electrical machines; the transformer; the synchronous machine; the asynchronous machine; DC motors (motor / generator: series, parallel, compound and of permanent magnet); other types of rotary machines (motors, brushless, coreless and step). Operation, constitution, characteristics, testing, start-up and reversal of the direction of operation.
2. Adaptation system of mechanical parameters: gearboxes, rotational motion to linear conversion, efficiency, needs in terms of operating quadrants of the mechanical variable for each application.
3. Non electromagnetic mechanical Actuators: piezoelectric, pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.
4. Non mechanical Actuators: light, acustic, electrical, thermal, etc.
5. Introduction to the power electronics and its use for the control of various types of actuators. Components: diodes, transistors, IGBTs, thyristors. linear operating systems and PWM types of commutated converters and their operating principle: AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC.
Written test: 60%. Laboratory practice: 40%.
- Palma, J. (2008). Accionamentos ElectromecÃ¢nicos de Velocidade VariÃ¡vel. Portugal: FundaÃ§Ã£o Calouste Gulbenkian
- Mohan, N. e Undeland, T. e Robbins, W. (2008). Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design. John Wiley & Sons. .: John Wiley & Sons
- Fitzgerald, A. e Kingsley Jr., C. e D. Umans, . (2003). Electric Machinery. .: : McGraw-Hill
Explanation of concepts, problem solving and practical realizations (laboratory).
Software used in class