Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9786/2014 de 29/07/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 21,0 T + 24,0 TP
- José Luís Sousa Soares de Oliveira Braga
At the end of the course students should be able to develop the marketing plan of a cultural tourism product either through the analysis of case studies or through the development of new products.
Contents of the course unit:
1. Introduction to tourism marketing;
2. Consumer behavior and market segmentation in tourism;
3. Marketing mix development for tourism;
4. Communicating with and exerting influence on consumers;
5. New technologies applied to tourism marketing;
6. Characterization of Marketing Plan;
7. The consumerist movement.
Evaluation through individual reading reports to be held in all sessions and individual project work in which it is intended that the student develops a tourism product (70% + 30%).
Examination in case of failure to deliver the project work.
- Netto, A. e Ansarah , M. (2015). Produtos turisticos e novos segmentos de mercado: planejamento, criacão e comercializacao. Barueri, Sao Paulo: Editorial Manole
- Torres, H. (2011). PME - Plano de Marketing Empresarial . Porto: Afrontamento
- Kotler, P. e Baloglu, S. e Bowen, J. e Makens, J. (2016). Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. London: Pearson
Theoretical-practical classes in which priority is given to reading and discussion of texts, case studies and documentaries.
Analysis of individual papers to be presented and discussed in the classroom.
Software used in class