Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10072/2012 - 25/07/2012
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Milene Carla Russo Trindade
- Alexandre José de Magalhães Figueiredo
On completion of this module the students should be familiarised with non-conventional photographic processes, have developed learning and critical skills, be able to handle with photographic chemistry and to describe procedures and materials.
Density. Paper for photographic printig. The printing process: salted paper. The printing process: albumen. The printing process: matt albumen. The wet plate collodion. The enlarged negative. The printing out paper. Printing-out paper tonners. Developing paper. Developing paper tonners.
Continuous assessment: two tests + theoretical presentation + laboratory reports.
- James, C. (2007). The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes. New York: Delmar Cengage Learning
- Reilly, J. (1980). Albumen and salted paper book. New York: Light Impressions
- Glafkidés, P. (1958). Photographic Chemistry. (Vol. 2). London: Fountain Press
- Crawford, W. (1979). The Keepers of Light. New York: Morgan & Morgan
Lectures and laboratory classes (practice and experimentation).
Software used in class