Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º16228/2009 - 15/07/2009
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 10,0 OT + 5,0 O
- Luís Miguel Lopes de Oliveira
- Carlos David Magalhães Queiroz
Data Networks I and II
Data networks Security and Management
Understand the main issues related to data computer networks e be familiar with the good practices to be taken into account when designing state-of-the-art data networks.
RF Wireless networks design
Introduction to service oriented architectures networks design
Local area project design
Datacenter networks project design
Datacenter and local area security mechanisms
Network infrastructure solutions
Individual or group lab assignments (40%) + individual test/exam (60%)
Requirements: minimum mark of 8/20 in the theoretical component and minimum mark of 10/20 in the practical component.
- ., .. (2007). Design Cisco Network Service Architectures. .: Cisco Press
- McCabe, J. (2007). Network Analysis, Architecture and Design. .: Morgan Kaufmann
- Oliveira, L. (0). Apontamentos e material de apoio. Acedido em 1 de julho de 2012 em e-learning.ipt.pt
Theoretical and practical classes with e-learning resources available and laboratory classes including simulation.
Software used in class