Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 60,0 PL + 5,0 OT
- Paula Alexandra Costa Leite Pinto Pereira
1-Study and characterise concepts related with the preservation/conservation of books and graphic documents.
2-Study and identify traditional and modern bookbinding methods.
1¬ Identification of materials (print media and inks);
2 Identification of degradation agents (environment, quality of materials, claims, human action);
3 Preservation and taking preventive measures (disinfection, desacidificação, consolidation, lamination, reintegration, packaging);
4 Implementation of binding (materials, machinery, tools, techniques, types, styles and decoration);
5 Execution of artistic bookbinding (defining styles of ancient and modern bindings)
Continuous assessment, attendance at 2/3 of the laboratory classes. Attendance 5%; coursework (65%), written test (30%).
Final assessment: written exam will focus only on the theoretical component.
- BOSQUET, E. (1989). Traité théorique et pratique de lárt du relieur. NA: Paris
- CAMMARERI, M. (1990). La reliure pas a pas. Paris: Paris
- JOHNSON, A. (1985). Craft Bookbinding. London: Thames and Hudson. London: Thames and Hudson
- LIÉNARDY, A. (1992). La desacidification de masse des livres et documents. Bmxclies. IRPA. Bmxclies. IRPA: Bmxclies. IRPA
1- Lectures with the support of audiovisual resources.
2- Practical work individually or as part of a team performing tasks and solving practical problems.
Software used in class