Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 O
- Rui da Costa Marques Sant' Ovaia
Equip students with the skills to be part of organisations wishing to implement quality management systems, ISO certification or develop Total Quality Methods. Develop communication, motivation and teamwork skills.
Quality evaluation as part of human activity. The twentieth century, the economic recovery after 1945 and the strategic importance of the quality of products and services.
The quality "gurus" and proposed methodologies. The seven classical tools and the seven new tools for quality. Quality in Portugal from the legislative point of view. The establishment of the SPQ. EU funds and development of the certification process based on audits. The role of the IPQ. Costs and revenue of applying quality models. The six sigma method and total quality.
Class performance. Preparation of a written assignment (team work) selected among the lecturer's proposals. Resolution, on writing and on an individual basis, of a series of problems and exploratory essays on selected topics.
- Ramos Pires, A. (2004). Qualidade-Sistemas de Gestão da Qualidade. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Sílabo
- Ganhão, F. e Pereira, A. (1992). A Gestão da Qualidade. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Presença
- Capricho, L. e Lopes, A. (2007). Gestão da Qualidade. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: RH
- Kolarik, W. (1995). Creating Quality. (Vol. 1). Singapura: McGraw-Hill International
Lectures including content presentation. Debate on the most appropriate interpretation methodologies proposed for quality assurance and management. Discussion and analysis of real cases derived from the lecturer's own professional experience.
Software used in class