Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9786/2014 de 29/07/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP , Cód. 364125.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
The course aims to provide tourism concepts connected with natural heritage and skills that will enable the students to use their technical and scientific expertise to promote tourism-related activities such as ecotourism and other nature activities while respecting the environment.
1.Natural heritage and protected areas
2. Ecotourism - definition, problematics ans applications
3. Tools of analysis and planning of nature-based tourism products
4. Spa and health and wellness tourism
5. Socially responsible behaviour and sustainability of the tourism sector.
Assessment at the end of each chapter (AP); Field trip reports (RV).
Final grade:0,6*AP + 0,4*RV.
Exam - Individual project work including public presentation - 100%. Submission of written document one week in advance of public presentation.
- Barkin, D. (2006). Ecotourism: A Tool for Sustainable Development in an Era of International Integration. U.K.: Yale F&ES Bulletin
- Fennell, D. (2008). Ecotourism. U.K.: Taylor & Francis Group
- Tisdell,C. & Wilson, C. (2012). Nature-based Tourism and Conservation: New Economic Insights and Case Studies. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar
- Wearing, S. & Neil, J. (2009). Ecotourism: Impacts, potentials and possibilities?. London: Butterworth-Heinemann
Lectures, theoretical-practical classes and field trips.
Software used in class