Publication in the Diário da República: Ext Ata Reun n.23 CTC-ESTT
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 7,0 OT , Cód. 964316.
- João Diogo Seiça Pereira Seguro (2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
The students should be able to recognise the main issues of modern and contemporary art.
The students should
- become familiar with the contemporary art practices;
- be able to cross-check theoretical information on contemporary art;
- understand the peculiarities of contemporary art practices;
- be able to identify the contingencies of contemporary art.
1. Art Aesthetics and Criticism 2. Modernism, criticism and refoundation 3. Contemporary art and the various conceptual trends and contingencies 4. Contemporary art - a critical analysis of recent events.
Continuous assessment: students participation; 1 individual assignment including a critical review on a topic or author chosen by the lecturer (50%), 1 written test (50%)
Final assessment: a minimum mark of 10 exempts students from exam
- Appadurai, A. (1996). Modernity at large - cultural dimensions in globalization. Massachussets: University of Minnesota Press
- Burger, P. (1993). Teoria da Vanguarda. Lisboa: Vega
- Crary, J. (2001). Suspensions of Perception: Attention, Spectacle and Modern Culture. Londres e Massachussets: M.I.T. Press
- Foster, H. e Buchloh, B. e Krauss, R. (2004). Art since 1900- Modernism, Antimodernism, Postmodernism. Londres: Thames & Hudson
Lectures and practical lessons including discussion and debate.
Study visits on the issues addressed and explored.
Software used in class