Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 12447(8)/2012 de 24/09
3.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 70,0 TP , Cód. 711015.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Understanding and analysis of issues related to the emission of gaseous pollutants, the management of air quality and the use of waste gas treatment systems. Acquire tools to be interventive in the management, assessment, reduction, measurement and control of noise.
Part I - Air Pollution
- Sources of air pollution and their emissions.
- Dispersion of pollutants in the atmosphere.
- Management of air quality
- Treatment Systems for gaseous effluents.
Part II Noise Pollution
- The physics of sound
- Legal regulation of noise
- The noise and the man
- Noise pollution: assessment, prediction, prevention.
Two written tests will be performed on continuous assessment and the final grade is the arithmetic mean of the marks obtained in the tests.The assessment may be achieved also by means of written examinations.
- Matos, A. e Pereira, A. (2003). Manual para técnicas de tratamento de efluentes gasosos. Aveiro: Departamento de Ambiente e Ordenamento da Universidade de Aveiro
- Seinfeld, J. e Pandis, . (2006). Atmospheric chemistry and physics: from air pollution to climate change. USA: John Wiley & Sons
Software used in class