Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10765/2011 - 30/08/2011
44 ECTS; 2º Ano, Anual, 30,0 TP + 45,0 OT
- Natércia Maria Ferreira dos Santos
- Paula Alexandra Geraldes Portugal
- Dina Maria Ribeiro Mateus
Advanced knowledge on chemical technology subjects and identification and development of the specific scientific areas related with the project theme
The unit has two main objectives: to assist students in developing the skills necessary for chemical industries design and enable the practical application and integration of knowledge in the field of chemical technology.
Practical component: 1. Introduction; 2. Literature review techniques and project structure 3. Market analysis and production planning 4. Chemical technology project - from block chart to the layout. Tutorial monitoring of student projects. Case-to-case discussion of issues related with the projects in course
The students will develop a project subct to public presentation. An intermediate presentation or practical assignments may be required in compliance with the regulatory provisions of the master's program.
- West, R. e Timmerhaus, K. e Peters, M. (2003). Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Sinnot, R. (1989). Tecnologia Química: Uma Introdução ao Projecto em Tecnologia Química. (Vol. VI). Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Shaeiwitz, W. e Turton, R. e Bailie, R. (2009). Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes. New York: Prentice-Hall
- Smith, R. (2005). Chemical Process Design and Integration. New York: John Wiley & Sons
Lectures where theoretical contents are explored and project themes are analysed.
Software used in class