Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10765/2011 - 30/08/2011
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- João Manuel Mourão Patrício
The students should acquire knowledge in the field of Numerical Methods for Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations as well as Unconstrained and Constrained Nonlinear Optimization required for modeling and problem solving in several areas of Chemical Technology.
1. Ordinary differential equations
2. Systems of linear equations
3. Partial Differential equations
4. Unconstrained nonlinear programming
5. Constrained nonlinear programming
Continuous assessment including a computational project. Written final exam.
- Gill, P. e Murray, W. e Wright, M. (1981). Practical Optimization. Cambridge: Academic Press
- Heath, M. (2001). Scientific Computing: an Introductory Survey. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Zill, D. (1989). A First Course in Differential Equations with Applications. Kent: PWS-Kent Publishing Company
Lectures and problem-solving classes. Computational Lab.
Software used in class