4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- Luis Miguel Lindinho da Cunha Mendes Grilo
Students must have at least the knowledge level of Exploratory Data Analysis.
After the acquisition of knowledge and skills in the fundamental concepts of Multivariate Statistics and Geostatistics, students should be able to analyse data in their present spatial distribution and in the identification and assessment of spatial data variability.
Multivariate Statistical Analysis
1 Principal Component Analysis
2 Cluster Analysis
3 Spatial continuity analysis.
4 VariogramsTheoretical models.
5 Geostatistical estimation.
6 Linear estimation with ancillary variables.
7 Estimation of outliers in natural resources.
- Soares, A. (2000). Geoestatística para as Ciências da Terra e do Ambiente. Lisboa: IST press
- Maroco, J. (2007). Análise Estatística com utilização do SPSS.. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Reis, E. (1997). Estatística Multivariada Aplicada.. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Goovaerts , P. (1997). Geostatistics for Natural Resources Evaluation. Oxford: Oxford University Press
Lectures where some of the fundamental principles are described as well as practical classes where some of the proposed applied exercises are solved, namely through the application.
Software used in class
IBM SPSS, ArMap(ESRI) e Package Geostatistical Analyst