Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Carlos Manuel Martins Costa
On completion of the course the students should be familiar with the concept of entrepreneurship and its integration in the national and international touristic reality and develop tourist products with an entrepreneurial mindset.
1. Entrepreneurship in tourism
2. The experience economy
3. New trends in tourism
4. Project - Entrepreneurial Initiative
6. Presentation and analysis of success cases.
Continuous assessment - 3 reports (20% x 3 = 60%); Presentation of the 3 reports (10% x 3 = 30%); Class attendance (5%); Class Participation (5%).
The minimum mark of 10/20 exempts students from taking the final exam.
Final assessment - Exam
- OECD, -. (2009). The Impact of Culture in Tourism. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). -: OECD publishing house
- Du Cros, H. e Mckercher, B. (2002). Cultural Tourism the partnership between tourism and cultural heritage management. (Vol. -). Nova Iorque: Routledge
- Buhalis, D. e Costa, C. (2006). Tourism Business Frontiers - Consumers Producst and Industry. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). -: Elsevier
- Lopes, R. (2001). A Costelação do Turismo na Economia Portuguesa.. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). -: Celta Editora
Theoretical-practical classes focused on the resolution of practical cases.
Software used in class