Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Luís Manuel Mota dos Santos Figueira
The students should demonstrate instrumental, interpersonal and systemic skills (general and specific comprehension and knowledge)in tourism system.
1. Introduction to Tourism.
2. The development of tourism.
3. A historical overview.
4. The economic approach to Tourism.
5. Concept of Tourism Satellite Account (TSA).
6. Demand, supply, geography and operators.
7. Presentation of assignments: preparation, presentation and assessment.
Continuous assessment based on class attendance: written test and examination papers. 50% test / exam (theoretical), 50% thematic assignment(practice). Minimum passing mark: 10/20.
- OMT, O. (2005). Introdução ao Turismo. São Paulo: Roca Lda
- Leiper, N. (1990). Tourism Systems. New Zeland: Massey University-New Zeland
- Boyer, M. (1996). LInvention du Tourisme. s/l: Gallimard
- Beni, M. (2001). Análise Estrutural do Turismo. São Paulo: Senac
Lectures and experimental work including research, literature review and field trips. Individual or group assignments.
Software used in class