Publication in the Diário da República: RCC 21/12/2010 [DR. 4926/2011 21.03.2011]
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Maria de Fátima Rodrigues Pedro
Know the attributes of strategic thinking
Know the steps of the planning process in health
Identify problems and needs
Prepare and review action plans, programs and health projects
Apply tools for monitoring and evaluating health
1. Strategy and planning fundamentals.
2. Strategic analysis.
3. Strategy formulation.
4. Matrix analysis.
5. Planning and control.
6. Strategic organization and implementation.
Practical assignment with presentation and discusson, minimum mark of 10/20 (40%) and test, minimum mark of 9/20 (60%).
Students who do not meet previous requirement must take a final summative exam(100%).
- Teixeira, S. (2011). Gestrão Estratégica. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Freire, A. (2008). Estratégia Sucesso em Portugal. Lisboa: Verbo
- Zuckerman, A. (2005). Health Strategic Planning. Pr: Health Administration
- Swayne, L. e Duncan, J. e Ginter, P. (2009). strategic Managment of Heath Organizations. Uk: Wiley-Blackwell
Expository method. Discussion of the topics presented in class to consolidate the material. Lectures supported by case study analysis.
Software used in class