Publication in the Diário da República: RCC 21/12/2010 [DR. 4926/2011 21.03.2011]
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 75,0 TP
- José Manuel Borges Henriques Faria Paixão
Concepts of algebraic calculus.
On completion of this module the students ahould be able to interpret and formulate mathematical problems and have obtained the mathematical skills that will allow them to extrapolate mathematical problems to economic and social realities.
1. Reviews of Algebraic Calculus 2. Functions of a real variable 3. Differential calculus and its applications 4. Numerical succession and applications to Financial Mathematics.
The same methodology is used for both tests and examinations: 1 written closed-book test marked 0/20 comprising all the subject matters taught during the semester.
- Larson, R. e Edwards, B. e Hostetler, R. (2006). Cálculo. Brasil: McGraw Hill
- Baptista, M. (2006). Cálculo Diferencial em R. Portugal: Edições Sílabo
- Ziegler, M. e Barnett, R. e Byleen, K. (2011). Calculus for Mathematics for Business, Economics, Life Sciences and Social Sciences. USA: Pearson Education
- Davis, D. e Armstrong, B. (2003). College Mathematics, Solving problems in finite mathematics and calculu. USA: Pearson Education
Lectures and tutorials.
Software used in class