5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 15,0 OT
- Maria de Lurdes Belgas da Costa Reis
Construction Materials I and II
General Construction Process I.
The students should understand that the functional performance of the building elements depends on the conformity of the materials employed and the technical solution adopted, and acquire technical competencies that will allow them to use appropriate solutions to practical problems.
2. Walls: masonry and concrete walls
3. Wall coverings
4. Moisture in walls
5. Cracking in masonry walls
6. Floor coverings
7. Roofs and flat roofs.
8. Concepts of construction legislation
Assessment includes a written test (55%) and a practical assignment(45%).
Assignment consists of a report on building works monitored by the student during the semester or a monograph.
- CTCV, A. (2003). Manual da Aplicação de REvestimentos Cerâmicos. (Vol. 1). Coimbra: CTCV
- CTCV, A. (2009). Manual de Alvenaria de Tijolo. (Vol. 1). Coimbra: CTCV
- CTCV, A. (1998). Manual de Aplicação de Telhas Cerâmicas. (Vol. 1). Coimbra: CTCV
Lectures on fundamental aspects of the technologies and construction processes Presentation of practical cases. Case analysis and discussion with critical intervention by the students. Study visits and technical sessions.
Software used in class