5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 5,0 O
- José Luis A. Bobela Bastos Carreiras
General concepts of physics
The students should acquire basic skills on hydraulics that will allow them to solve practical problems such as calculating flow rates, head
loss, hydraulic power and others.
1. Fluid properties
3. Dimensional analysis
4. Similarity theory
6. Fundamentals of hydrodynamics
7. An overview of fluid flows
8. Momentum equations
9. Head loss flow laws
10. Steady flow in pipe networks
Practical assignments and written examination.
Written examination with minimum grade of 40% in each component (theoretical and practical).
- White, F. (1999). Fluid Mechanics. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Quintela, A. (2011). Hidráulica. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
Lectures focusing on the theoretical content of the course and
practical classes involving concept application and exercise
Software used in class