5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Maria Helena Morgado Monteiro
- João Manuel Mourão Patrício
Mathematical Analysis I
Mathematical Analysis II
The students should be provided with basic and more advanced knowledge of mathematical methods used in different civil engineering problems.
They should be able to apply appropriate analytical and numerical methods to solve differential and integral equations.
1.1 Line integrals; 1.2 Surface Integrals; 2.1 First order Differential equations; 2.2 Differential equations of order greater than one; 3.1 Numerical methods for non-linear equations; 3.2 Polynomial Interpolation 3.3 Numeric Integration; 3.4 Numerical methods for solving initial value problems.
Written tests(intermediate assessment:2 written tests;exam assessment:1 global written test).
- Pina, H. (1995). Métodos Numéricos. Portugal: Mc Graw-Hill
- Zill, D. (2008). A First Course in Differential Equations. EUA: Brooks Cole
- Anton, H. (2000). Cálculo, um novo horizonte. (Vol. 2). São Paulo: Bookman
- Silva, J. (1994). Princípios de Análise Matemática Aplicada. Lisboa: Mc Graw-Hill
Lectures making use of illustrative examples and case studies.
Tutorials including problem solving.
Software used in class