4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL
- Cristina Margarida Rodrigues Costa
It is intended that students acquire competence to apply knowledge of strength of materials, analysis, stability and design of structures, as well as the concepts of the regulation (RSA, REAE, EC1, EC3 and EC4) to the design of steel and composite structures.
1. INTRODUCTION. 2. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS: elastic and plastic global analysis; P-delta effects; influence of joints; restraining. 3. CLASSIFICATION OF CROSS SECTIONS. 4. DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES: strength of cross sections; buckling; lateral and local buckling; joints and detailing. 5. STEEL-CONCRETE COMPOSITE STRUCTURES: steel-concrete connections; design of composite beams and slabs.
The assessment consists of a written exam (80%), with a minimum grade of 9, for a maximum of 20, and a practical assignment (20%).
- Silva, L. e Santiago, A. (2003). Manual de ligações metálicas. Coimbra: CMM Press
- Vários Autores, . Regulamentos: RSA, REAE, EC1, EC3 e EC4. (Edição: várias)
- Da Silva, V. (2013). Mecânica e resistência dos materiais. Coimbra: Zuari
- Simões, R. (2005). Manual de dimensionamento de estruturas metálicas. Coimbra: CMM Press
Theoretical lessons comprise presentation and discussion of theoretical concepts and discussion of practical examples. Practical assignments of analysis and design of steel and composite structures are proposed to students in the practical classes.
Software used in class
CYPE; FTOOL; AutoCAD.