Mestrado em Engenharia Mecânica - Projecto e Produção Mecânica
Prevailing scientific area: Engenharia Mecânica
Level 7, 120 ECTS, 4 semesters, Degree official code: M746
Technology School of Abrantes, School official code 3243The Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Design and Production, provides a set of theoretical knowledge combined with a strong practical component that allows the realization of projects and the development of products and equipments as well as production support.
Provide a solid scientific and technological, supported by a programme and courses that includes contact with real situations and laboratories experiences. This cycle of studies is based on the development of a diverse set of skills and competencies that permits excellent career opportunities and pursue Ph.D. studies.
The general aims of this master's degree are to equip the students with the relevant skills and competences in such areas as product development methodologies, processing technologies, material technologies, mechanical behaviour of materials and process automation and control.
Main specific skills:
- Develop a mechanical project throughout its various stages;
- Carry out computer analyses that enable problem analysis and resolution;
- Apply experimental methods for problem analysis and resolution;
- Predict and identify possible causes of failure in mechanical systems;
- Design and manufacture products and equipment using new and traditional technologies;
- Be able to gather useful information by exploring engineering databases;
- Contact with experts of different areas of knowledge.