Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Maria Madalena Giraldes Barba Pessoa Jorge Oudinot Larcher
The purpose of this curricular unit is to presente the wide horizons of Wertern culture history, favouring the period between Renaissance and Enlightenment, as the period of greatest interest to conservators, since it includes most of the worksof art targeted for intervention in Portugal.
I. Ancient and medieval references: the foundations of European identity (classical and Judaeo-Christian roots; their combination with barbarian cultures; culture patente in art, in the 7th and 8th centuries; the return to classical standards in the 9th and 12th centuries)
II. Renaissance and Renaissances: multiple horizons of humanis and naturalismo
III. Protestant and Catholic Reformations: projection on the values and culture
IV. The affirmation of the States in a new European balance; European culture and national cultures
V. The Old Regime Society
VI. The Age of Enlightenment
Assessment consists of a written test to test students' ability to develop the main syllabus topics as well as the accuracy of their readings, the clarity of ideas and the depth of analysis.
- CHAUNU, P. (1995). A Civilização das Luzes. (Vol. 2 vs). Lisboa: Presença
- CHAUNU, P. (2002). O Tempo das Reformas, 1250-1550. (Vol. 2 vs.). Lisboa: Edições 70
- DELUMEAU, J. (2011). A Civilização do Renascimento. (Vol. 2 vs.). Lisboa: Edições 70
- TOUCHARD, J. (1997). História das Ideias Políticas. (Vol. 3 vs.). Sintra: Europa-América
The methodologies will combine expository lectures with audiovisual resources that encourages participation and debate (critical reading of epoch texts, pictures of artistic heritage, charts and maps).
Software used in class